Parque Natural Mexiquillo

4.15.2016

FINALLY !!!!!!

It has been 4 very long months. My nightmare, I would never leave Brawley. The engine was completed at glacial speed and finally inserted. Serenity could move. But, there is always a but, two cylinders were not firing at idle and when accelerating I heard a popping sound. Rod's shop spent a couple days trying to solve the problem. I finally lost confidence in their ability and headed east.



I made it to Tucson where Serenity checked into the local Chevrolet shop. A few hours later I got the call. Not a cracked manifold or other major problem that I had been abscessing over, just a cracked spark plug and bad spark plug wire that had been arcing to the block.  :-)

New engine $6486, being home priceless.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your problems have finally been resolved.
    Lots of the small shops try to save a few pennies here and there and probably used the old plugs and wires. You could have been miles down the road if they had just done the job right the first time.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lesson learned. Pay the extra to have it towed to a qualified service center.

      Delete
  2. I love your header picture. It looks so very cool and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great spot with fishing from the front door. I spent all last summer on Vancouver Island.

      Delete