It has been 4 very long months. My nightmare, I would never leave Brawley. The engine was completed at glacial speed and finally inserted. Serenity could move. But, there is always a but, two cylinders were not firing at idle and when accelerating I heard a popping sound. Rod's shop spent a couple days trying to solve the problem. I finally lost confidence in their ability and headed east.
I made it to Tucson where Serenity checked into the local Chevrolet shop. A few hours later I got the call. Not a cracked manifold or other major problem that I had been abscessing over, just a cracked spark plug and bad spark plug wire that had been arcing to the block. :-)
New engine $6486, being home priceless.