Parque Natural Mexiquillo

4.06.2014

A Sad Day


George & Ms Tioga, May 2003

Ms Tioga is gone, George is OK. George is a great vagabond and a personal inspiration.

In George's own words.


"On Saturday, March 15th, close to noon, MsTioga and I were driving on Interstate #5, a bit south of Bakersfield, California. Suddenly we were in a field to the right of the Interstate. I had no clue how I had arrived stopped in that field!"

At the Hospital:
"Soon it was discovered that I had an irregular heart beat. While the top half of my heart beat at about 60 beats/minute, the bottom chamber beat in the 30 beats/minute range. The doctor told me that the irregular heart beat likely caused me to pass out."

On Tuesday, March 18th, I went in for open heart surgery. It was found that I had one blocked artery to my heart. Also, my heart's aortic valve was badly formed. This valve had a great deal of calcification and stenois, a disease that causes a narrowing of the aortic valve opening.

I would have my chest opened up in order to replace my aortic valve with a fabricated one of cow tissue. The blocked artery would be replaced as well.

Visit to Ms Tioga
Not one wall-hung cabinet remains attached to its wall! The contents of those cabinets is scattered all over the interior. Most stuff is now on the floor. A scrambled heap of stuff, all tangled in electric wires and construction materials. There was nothing to do but retrieve what could be found, and leave. MsTioga had died in that accident. We had been together from February 25, 2003 to March 15, 2014. Eleven years! And what glorious years they were!

George is now recuperating at a friends home in San Diego.

Good luck George  (blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment