Parque Natural Mexiquillo

11.26.2018

Alpine TX

I took a stroll. Nice little town with many art galleries.



Beautifully restored older building. 


Custom furniture, but not to my taste. Too heavy




This motel has a real route 66 vibe


Great Day of the Dead masks




I wonder if this great old sign still lights up. Kind of looks like a theater marquee. If it was, it is no longer.


Crossing the Pecos River


Nice spot in the Texas country side last night.
29.548247  -101.018680


Thousands of clams were left high and dry as the lake dried up. Serenity would have been under water back then.


Higher up on the hill I found fossil clams. 



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice pictures. Love the look of that furniture,
    and maybe years ago I would of liked to have it in a large sitting area.
    Happy Travels

    large sitting area. Years ago!!

    ReplyDelete