Parque Natural Mexiquillo

11.24.2018

Sights Along the Way

I am making steady progress toward Mission TX.


Burma Safe  signs







The Lone Star State


I am passing through one of the many border inspection stations down here. Very painless, the border agent asked if anyone else was in my rig and if I was a US citizen. No and yes and I was on my way.


I wonder what frequency these camera record.


And eyes in the sky


This is artists Michael Elmgreen and Ingar Daragset 2005 art installation.  "Elmgreen and Dragset have been artist-collaborators since the mid 1990s, with a body of work that explores the link between art, architecture and design. Mirroring the design of a Prada shop, the work is filled with the fall/winter collection of 2005. " The installation was intended to never be repaired, so it might slowly degrade back into the natural landscape.  Location  30.603462, -104.518535 






And then there are some just can't resist.....


More border security. These tethered balloons used to fight drug smuggling float high above the desert scanning below to detect low flying aircraft and movement. 


An unnamed artists nod to the move Giant. I was filmed near here in West Texas.
Location  30.337946, -104.132013 



There is even County Wester music playing.


I found a nice quiet spot with a decent view last night.
Location  30.323377  -103.742522


1 comment:

  1. Is the tribute to "Giant" right along side the highway? I can't find any information on it.

    ReplyDelete