Parque Natural Mexiquillo

10.12.2013

Pomona RV Show

Kicked some tires at the show today. There are a lot of nice rigs out there, but none that I like better than Serenity. Being a boondocker at heart, I am always drawn to off road rigs.

The Alpha




Where can this bad boy go? Anywhere it wants!

           

Spartan, but very livable.

Bringing back a classic

This is the 1935 Bowlus Road Chief at the RV Hall of Fame. Hawley Bowlus, a famous sailplane builder, turned his attention to travel trailers in 1934, building a couple of hundred. Today, less than 50 remain. In 1936 Wally Byam morphed Hawley's design into the iconic Airstream.



78 years later the Road Chief is back, tricked out with all the modern appointments. Each unit is customized to the buyer's preferences.



My main reason for going was to get some ideas of how to redo Serenity's window valances. They were trimmed out in the same material as the couch that I am having recovered in tan ultra leather. The valances need an upgrade.


I like this one.


I wish I was still taking adult wood shop. I could make some nice wood valances.

I did buy these nifty bag sealers, Grip Stic. They will take up less space than the bag clips I have now. Conservation of space is a major RV axiom. 

Fold the bag over and slide the clip on, sealed.



No comments:

Post a Comment