Parque Natural Mexiquillo

5.01.2015

Camping World :-( :-( :-(

I have an elusive little leak. Not able to find it, I decided to do the “bubble test”. This is where a high volume fan is used to create a positive pressure inside the rig and a “soapy solution” is brushed over the exterior. Bubbles form where air is escaping from the rig, indicating the location of the leak. St. Augustine Camping World said they would do the test.
At Camping World I was told I could not watch while they looked for the leak, but would show it to me when they found it.
Later the service writer comes into the waiting room and tells me they found the leak in the front cap. I ask to see it I am told that the fan had already been taken out. I was angry because I had been very clear that I wanted to see the bubbles in order to pinpoint the leak.. Outside I climb up on a ladder to look at the roof near the cap where they told me it was the source of the leak. No bubbles, just there word that was where it was.

A mile down the road it hit me, I had been had. To do the bubble test the exterior of the coach is brushed with a soapy solution. When I had looked at the roof, it had been dry. They never did the bubble test they charged me 1.5 hours for.

3 comments:

  1. ƒ@rking Camping World! Can you do a Google review, or some such public complaint forum?

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.google.com/search?q=saint+augustine+camping+world+fl&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS584US584&oq=saint+augustine+camping+world+fl&aqs=chrome..69i57.5734j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=91&ie=UTF-8#lrd=0x88e4297766dce299:0x699966432141caba,1

    Just in case you're inclined ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roxi,
    I posted on RV Service Review. http://www.rvservicereviews.com
    Garth

    ReplyDelete