Parque Natural Mexiquillo

8.25.2022

Washington Pass

 I was traveling across Washington on hi-way 20. The highlight of this route is the gorgeous Washington Pass area. 




Diablo Lake
The unique, intense turquoise hue of the lake's water is attributed to the surrounding glaciers that grind rocks into a fine powder that is carried into the lake through creeks. That fine powder, also called glacial flour, stays suspended in the lake, giving the water its brilliant color.



It is a beautiful area that calls to me to spend more time exploring here. But alas, I was more interested in visiting my friend in Vancouver BC. I will return. 

1 comment:

  1. You should have seen it as I did in the Boy Scouts back in...? They were building the road. We camped at Colonial Creek C.G.
    It is a beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete