Parque Natural Mexiquillo


Exploring Roswell, GA

Since 1835 Big Creek has been the site of cotton and flour mills. Originally named Vickery Creek after the Cherokee woman owned a farm at the head waters.
This old mill site is connected to hiking trails across the stream by a covered bridge.

Nice trails and a nice hike

Looking down on the old dam that supplied water power for the mill.

Spring is coming.

Rusty old mill stuff

The penstock that delivered water to the mill's turbine.

How the mill worked.

Another great day on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment