Parque Natural Mexiquillo

8.01.2019

Electrical Problms

I need to be checking my batteries with greater frequency. The back two batteries have to be removed for cleaning and maintenance. I neglected do so because they are so difficult to remove. But when power started failing, I had too.


I found the source of my electrical problem. Corrosion run amuck.



New end from the missing terminal lug.


Cleaned up all the cables with my trusty dremel tool.

Ready to reinstall.  The two corroded batteries failed the load test and where replaced. Hopefully the green and red anti corrosion pads will help prevent future corrosion . 

Everyone back home.   Success

And all successful job require a blood sacrifice to the repair god.

2 comments:

  1. You might want to check your power converter/charger. Some of them do a very poor job of charging and just boil the batteries by over charging. The boiling causes a lot of corrosion and water use. My first RV had one of those. I replaced it with a 3 stage charger with equalizing, made by Progressive Dynamics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea how you get 4 of them in there..Three months ago I replaced my 2 T-105's under the steps, my back still feels that fun adventure...
    Upriver

    ReplyDelete