Parque Natural Mexiquillo

6.10.2020

Out of Mexico

What a difference a year makes.
Last year when I traveled highway 15D to the US border there were miles and miles of rutted, pot hole infected detours that Serenity crawled along. This year all that work has been completed. This time I set the cruise control to 95 km/h, turned on my audio book and relaxed.


Check point, no problem. I hit several on the trip up.



The new by pass. Wonderful.
 Last year I took a couple of wrong turns in Hermosillo.

This vineyard extended for miles


Near the border there is one small section of the old highway.

 This was my first crossing at Nogales and it can be tricky.  I had figured that traffic would be light, and it was. I researched the route on google maps and everything went flawlessly. This is the RV lane and to get to it you have to cross through the two lanes of cars on the left. You have about 10 yards in which to do this. The light traffic made it very easy. I was the only RV crossing, It took about 10 minutes.

Back in the USA

What a great view to wake up to.

Social distancing at its best   32.844024  -112.320612

It is great to be back on the road again!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a Safe and Enjoyable trip back to the USA. That would have been a tight fit for our Fifth Wheel to squeeze through to get in the proper lane.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tight and I was nervous, but doing a virtual drive on google earth really helped.

      Delete
  2. Hi Garth! How was the crossing back to the U.S.? Questions and issues? Lots of people are curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No issues at all. I thought some towns might be closed to people coming in, so I stayed on 15D the whole way. I overnighted at Pemex stations. The US border took 10 minutes. Border guards checked the frig and asked about alcohol. Easy pleasy.

      Delete