Parque Natural Mexiquillo

12.25.2018

Valle de Bravo

Lago Avandaro is an idyllic setting surrounded by lush green mountains. It takes about 2 hours to drive from Mexico City to Valle de Bravo, making it ta popular weekend getaway for the capital's affluent upper class. If you squint just a little, you might think you are in the Italian Alps.

 We are camped at Nautial Los Olas del Valle, a marina and campground. I made a wrong turn and plowed through some wires. Not paying attention cost me $125. 



This helpful fellow lifted the wires as I drove out from under them. Fortunately no live wires were involved.


Finally in my spot with a great view of the lake.



I don't know what these beautiful flowers are called





We headed into town. It was a very busy market day. A lot of last minute Christmas shopping was happening.




What a fun statue


Brian trying on a shawl.


Someone's Christmas Eve dinner??


Brian trying to steal some of my delicious mole verde.




What if you want the strawberries on the bottom row? This reminds me of Pikes Market in Seattle.


This guy was getting a lot of attention.

6 comments:

  1. When in Mexico, look up! My inattention got my air conditioner and solar panels knocked off by a low overpass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, paying attention saves you time and money

      Delete
  2. Garth, sorry those low lines ending up costing you; was that $125 pesos or calculated to be $125 US Dollars? If pesos, not so bad! Without going into the details, I think you and I know if that had happened in the US, you would not be the one paying! Such is Mexico!

    Love all the photos; wish I also knew what the name of the flowers are, but they look like they may be in the orchid family (just guessing).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garth, I'm a Canadian blog writer, who enjoys reading Travel with Kevin and Ruth! It was nice reading about being in Mexico, and I read about your blog. So, I clicked on it, and have enjoyed reading and seeing every entry on your blog. Thank you! I pray you had a very Merry CHRISTmas! Enjoy your trip! Blessings, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. Happy New Year to you

      Delete